Rush City Schools Enrollment Information

WELCOME!  Please take a moment to print and complete the necessary forms for enrollment.  During the summer months, and this season of COVID-19, you may call your child's school building office to schedule an appointment to drop off paperwork. You may also drop them in the outside Mail Drop Box at the front entrance of the high school for both elementary and high school registration. 

All new registrations must complete the following forms:

New Student Enrollment Form

Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form

Immunization Form 
(or record of immunizations)

2024-2025 Transportation Form

2024-2025 Application for Educational Benefits
(if a translated copy is needed, please call the district office at 320-358-4855)

You will need to provide a copy of the following along with your registration:
* Proof of residency (rental agreement, utility bill, driver's license)
*Immunization Records 
*Name, address and phone number of previous school
*Kindergarten Only:  Certified birth certificate for verification (not a copy)
*Special Education Only:  Copy of your individualized Education Plan (IEP)
(All original paperwork will be returned to you after verification)

In addition to the above forms, if you live in another district and wish to enroll with Rush City Schools, you must first complete the 
Enrollment Options Application below. 

Enrollment Options Application 

You can check your school district of residency at 


Home School, Non-Public Schools Information

It is required by the Minnesota Department of Education to register with the public school that they reside in. Home School families and Non-Public Schools who enroll Rush City residents must submit information to meet the state guidelines for being considered registered in the Home School education option.  Should you perceive your child has a disability and may require further support for their educational progress, please click here for more information.

Deadlines and current forms are available on this website and also through the Minnesota Department of Education at www.education.state.mn.us.  

Deadlines are as early as September 15 of the current year but enrollment is ongoing since many families move into new districts mid-year. Transfers from one school district to another requires notification to both the previous district as well as the enrolling district within 15 days of your move.

If you have questions, please refer to the provided school choice resources provided here or the Minnesota Department of Education.  You may also contact Renee Mussetter at 320-358-4855 or [email protected] for assistance.

Homeschool Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer Information

PEBT Homeschool Information
PEBT Privacy Notice Home School